Saturday, September 14, 2013

Nearly Done--Pix Soon

Well this has been a busy week. School started so my involvement there picked up. I made presentations to five classes of sophomores about the importance of good writing skills and the basic structure and purpose of a five paragraph essay. I also scored one set of first essays on Crime and Punishment for a class of juniors. They aren't going to be happy on Tuesday when they get their papers back. But I also made huge strides working on my Ties That  Bind quilt. Now I have an area about the size of a dinner plate left to quilt and then it's on to the finish work. Once it is complete I will put up pictures of the various fabrics and close-ups of some of the border.

I have made up my mind about my next project. It will be the Christmas Cat quilt rather than either of the other two. I have made three large quilts that took a long time in a row. The Christmas quilt is the smallest and least intricate of the ones that I have in mind so having a project that won't take months on end seems very attractive right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment