Thursday, May 21, 2020

Inside Scoop

Okay, I have nothing against Michael Jordan or the film, The Last Dance, that so many people are talking about that is about him but I guarantee I have inside information about how he got so sick when he came to Utah to play the Jazz and it had nothing to do with pizza. At the time my youngest son was dating the mayor of Park City's daughter. Despite being from different worlds in more ways than one, they were a hot item for quite a while. My son went up to Park City to see the young woman despite being as sick as a dog. It was an unusually nice day for that time of year in Park City and the young woman asked my son if he wanted to go play some golf.

So they were playing golf in PC when whom should they run into at the course but Jordan. As everyone knows, Jordan is a total golf nut so the nice weather was an incentive for him as well. The two groups met on one of the fairways and my son, though he was very definitely sick with a very nasty virus, shook Jordan's hand enthusiastically, no doubt spreading all of his nasty germs all over. When it was reported that Jordan had gotten sick, everyone in my family sort of laughed because our son had come home to tell us of his encounter and to say that he hoped Jordan caught what he had since he wanted the Jazz to win.

Oddly enough, my husband went to the game, the guest of one of SLC's bankers, so he was able to watch in person one of the more dramatic performances of anyone's athletic careers. There was no pizza involved.   

No comments:

Post a Comment