Saturday, May 9, 2020

Happy Mother's Day

I live thousands of miles away from my sons now which is totally fine. I mean my youngest is over 40 now so it isn't as though they need their mother except when they forget a recipe or something. That's what email is for. I have a friend who still has a child at home, in high school if high school were open, who left town for the weekend with her husband so she could leave her brood including her two Australian shepherds at home because being quarantined when everyone came home for quarantine has gotten old.

If you are a mother you understand that feeling. I never abused a child or a pet but I certainly screamed at some plants that they needed to just die because I had too much to deal with that did make noise. Besides my husband being in the military when we first had children, he also left us when he pursued job opportunities, often leaving me to handle simple things such as selling the house or handling three teenaged boys.

I am not complaining but I know I am describing lots of peoples lives. Now that everyone is cooped up together it's like having a house full of toddlers again. Not for me although my husband has been known to be childish.

So I hope everyone has a good Mother's Day with appropriate attention and care given by all. Rarely do we reach that perfect family moment, but those times when we do are very nice.

If you and yours are healthy, just smile. 

2 comments:

  1. Good advice. Stay calm and carry on and be content that we have good health. Our health is most important because it affects everything that we do. Life and our health can change quickly. Hopefully this will pass soon and that routine, focus and a sense of calm will return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's hard to get the right perspective. Taking a break, no matter how that break occurs, is good. Music, cooking, quilting, and reading beat yelling at spouse or children.

    ReplyDelete