Sunday, September 25, 2022

 I have been working on a quilt from a very old Red Wagon book. The original quilt was enormous (90 x 90) so the first thing I did was reduce everything by 25%. The second step was to switch out the late 90s colors of brown, rust, and black to more lively colors. I like what I have gotten done so far.


 

 Although I have had this book for a few decades, I had only made one of the quilts previously and that one was a pieced quilt. Working on an applique quilt from the book has proven to be a more frustrating experience as the instructions are about as basic as instructions can get: "Refer to the photo for placement." That doesn't help much at all in trying to make everything symmetrical and balanced appropriately.  Luckily with folk art, perfection is rarely the goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment