Thursday, April 28, 2022

 While working on the new project, I decided to finally get a new sewing "table" for my Bernina. Many years ago I purchased this machine that was theoretically designed for quilters but could be used by home sewers for other projects as well. Within a month I had broken one side of the removable "table" that depended on a narrow cantilever. Long after that accident, I broke the other side and had been super-gluing the three pieces together to use the machine. Now this was inconvenient and somewhat maddening but with everything else going on in my life I sure didn't want to think about looking for and buying any accessory for what I still thought (and think) of this machine as my new machine.

Guess what? Bernina doesn't make my machine anymore. I don't know when they stopped but that avenue for replacing the broken piece was gone. After looking online for something else, I found a company called Sewing Parts Online in Oregon. They custom make all kinds of parts including the part I broke. I got my new sewing table (to my way of thinking it isn't a table but that's what it is called). It is a good fit and it has four adjustable legs so even if one is using a fair amount of pressure to hold the fabric pieces in the correct position, there is no wobble or wiggle. At my age I did not want to purchase another machine for the very limited amount of machine sewing I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment