Saturday, July 25, 2020

Pictures in Pink

As I wrote in my previous post, I am not entirely sure how this will look in the end. For the most part I like it. All of the blocks so far are Elly Sienkiewicz creations, with the center blocks being the impetus for the project. I have always liked those entwined peonies.

I have sewn the entwined peony blocks together but the other two are still loose as is the sashing strip of the strange material I described before. This would not be my normal way of putting a quilt together and I won't guarantee that the outside blocks will remain in that space but this gives a better idea of what the final top will look like.

6 comments:

  1. On second blink I decided I love the peony blocks and their setting. No so sure about the other blocks...but as I'm not a fan of non-matching blocks, my taste is questionable.
    Am excited to see your next block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am opposite to you in that I get very weary of making any quilt where all the blocks match. I have made multiple matching block quilts that I treasure, but making them makes my jaws clench. So even the sameness of the fabrics is an issue for me but I am moving forward with some input from my husband. Each new block changes the whole and I do anticipate putting in embroidered accents to adjust the sweetness of the pink fabrics. We'll see. I finished another bloc today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun to experiment with the background fabric in the quilt block. Your quilts appear to cover the entire spectrum of color. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well there will be new pictures soon since I have finished all the blocks and sewn most of the outside border. I like it better now that there is more of it and I hope everyone else does as well. Once when I made a Baltimore album with a yellow background I got hate mail from people who think that only off-white muslin is appropriate.

      Delete
    2. No kidding, Joanne. While I am an old woman and there is no denying that, some old women are just yentas, finding stuff to complain about because they just want to be...something. I finished all of the applique today and started doing a little bit of embroidery to enhance certain pieces. It's weird in all sorts of ways but it has definitely grown on me. I even decided to name it "My Funny Valentine" which will make sense once I get some pictures posted.

      Delete