Monday, July 6, 2020

Delectable Pathways Complete

Well I finished my version of Delectable Pathways yesterday. We are listening to Beethoven's 9th Symphony again which includes the European Union anthem the Ode To Joy.I am always joyful when I finish a quilt even if the quilt has flaws or issues. Everything that goes wrong is another opportunity to improve some aspect of the process.

 When I purchased the pattern back in the late 90s, fabrics were different so waiting to work on this project probably benefited the color choices but then we tend to believe our modern choices are somehow better in most areas even though that isn't always fitting. Mine is way scrappier than the originals yet has similar color choices even given that.

6 comments:

  1. Your handwork is just so lovely. That pattern and the fabric go really well together. Congrats on a beautiful piece

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I waited years to make this. I am far more confident in my color choices than I was thirty years ago plus I have a great stash.

      Delete
  2. I love this quilt. The variety of fabrics used is lovely plus the flowers really stand out against the background. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful quilt, well done indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenny. This was fun. Just the right combination of piecing and applique.

      Delete
  4. My daughter Mary loves this quilt.It is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete