Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Do You Know Me?

As I wrote previously, I have put together a small top with some of the blocks that I purchased a couple of years ago at an estate sale. It is charming and sweet but I do not know the name of the block. I am not even sure they were supposed to be put together in this manner rather than with the large triangles meeting at the intersections alternating light and dark.

Does anyone out there know this block? Does anyone out there want this top? It's quite small but suitable for a wallhanging or a baby gift.

Not only are the fabrics old-fashioned, most of them are old too--at least around 30. The outer light blue is relatively new but a reproduction from the Mill Girls line. This is all hand sewn and ready to be layered and quilted.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I just finished cutting for a quilt using this block.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Barbara. Now I can look it up to see how it is usually set.

      Delete