Sunday, January 1, 2017

Travel Plans

Although we had a fabulous time in Italy this October, there are still so many places we have never been. We have been thinking of going to Portugal for our next trip. A friend went a few years ago and had a marvelous time, though I have to comment that our tastes in virtually everything are poles apart.  So I need to do some homework on Portugal before I make up my mind. I don't speak Portuguese but  I do have some background in the Romance languages. When I was first learning to read more than sixty years ago I was fascinated by the early explorers and their patrons, including Prince Henry.  If anyone has comments or suggestions about Portugal, or anywhere else in Europe. please feel free to comment.

On a different subject, I wrote earlier that I was starting one of Susan Garman's Baltimore Album quilts and I have more or less finished one block, the eagle. It still needs some embroidery touches, and I cut it large so it has to be trimmed, but here is my attempt. I made the yellow feathers on the eagle in reverse applique rather than applique but everything else is as suggested by Garman's extensive instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment