Thursday, October 30, 2014

New Product, New Book

I don't know what the rest of you do with odd pieces of batting and maybe I am way behind the curve but I just used Heat Press tape from Jeanne Harwood Designs to join two smaller pieces of batting into a piece large enough for the small quilt I am currently making. I deliberately placed the tape so that  I would have to quilt over it (I am a hand quilter), so that I would have a reasonable test of the product. Well I am sold. Maybe this has been around for a while and I just didn't pay attention but the heat soluble tape works well and is easy to apply, at least on the cotton blend batting I used. I am not big on recommending products but this one is a keeper.

Another recommendation I can make without any reservations is the newest novel from one of my favorite authors, The Children Act, by Ian McEwan. It is quite short (I don't know how many pages since I read it on my Kindle) but very powerful. McEwan's use of language is masterful and the thought provoking ideas he explores always resonate with me. I am still thinking about the various dilemmas posed in this book about children and the law.

No comments:

Post a Comment