Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Good Decision

Last week I had an appointment with a new dermatologist. Even though I have already been to my previous dermatologist three times this year I thought I better get the process started with a new one since the first one was proven to be incompetent or nearly so. The new guy did the full body map as necessary to start treatment. That was one reason I had delayed since any new guy was starting off with terra incognita. Well it was a good decision to switch doctors.

I had a few actinic keratoses frozen last week AND the doc took a biopsy of a suspicious spot, one that my previous doctor had dismissed. I just got the call saying that it was squamous cell but luckily small enough that there will be no need for the full-on surgical routine I had in August. Sure--it isn't melanoma but two inch incisions are never fun and squamous cell carcinomas do metastasize.

No comments:

Post a Comment