Tuesday, November 17, 2020

 If you have never heard of Chairish or 1stDibs, you owe it to yourself to at least check them out. We haven't gotten a ton of stuff from either, but we have certainly gotten enough that I don't feel weird touting them. I have no financial interest in them so I don't get any sort of compensation but we have gotten a variety of goods from art to furniture and so far everything has been reasonable in price and as described.

 

The four poster beds in our second guest room are a case in point. I have already written about our current house having been a stable in its first life but in 1979 it was converted to two separate residences. Because it wasn't always a house, some of the features are a little odd. Most of the bedroom floor is one long rectangle with the master bedroom taking one end and therefore being bigger and the other three bedrooms arranged alongside a hallway so those rooms are smaller. The ceiling heights vary dramatically as well. One room has 12 foot ceilings, one has 8 foot ceilings, and one on the first floor has 16 foot ceilings. So this guest bedroom where the new beds are is small but it does have room for both beds and some other furniture so it suits its purpose. These beds are from the early 19th century. They have some small areas of wear but are still in very good shape.

The quilt on the right is complete, finished about six or seven years ago. The quilt on the left is the current project and is just a top, a flimsy. I haven't quite finished marking it either but I wanted to show everyone what our cute little room looks like. Given the virus situation and all I am not expecting house guests but I will be ready if any ever come. I still have to hang the art and I will need to get some new sheets too.
 

1 comment:

  1. These beds are perfect for this room and the quilt fabric variety and design is lovely.
    I am going to check out the websites you mentioned. Thx for the info.

    ReplyDelete