Sunday, November 15, 2020

 Although I did not get any responses to my query about ice cream cone border corners (what an awkward assemblage of words), I did figure out something that works to my satisfaction.



The instructions in the very old book I used simply said to sew three of the colored pieces together for the corner but that did not make a good corner. Now it's entirely possible that I was misunderstanding what was needed but this method that I devised made a good corner that actually turned a corner so I am satisfied.

Now the "flimsy" is done and ready to be marked and layered but the batting doesn't come until tomorrow and I haven't marked anything at all so it will still be a couple of days before I am quilting. One thing that being in quarantine has done is increase my production of quilts which is good since I keep chipping away at my stash. Sewing  by hand usually means I am slow but even that is getting faster.

2 comments:

  1. I like the way you solved the corner. I've not done an ice cream cone border yet but, someday, perhaps. I also enjoy reading your current events commentaries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for both nice compliments. I am already thinking about the issue of basting and quilting with those scoops of ice cream. I have made scalloped borders before but those are usually not cut until the top is quilted so the whole process of having these bias edges just banging around (so to speak) while I manhandle the rest of the quilt seems off somehow. I am sure it will work out though.

    ReplyDelete