Thursday, June 11, 2020

New Photo

I finally got pix of the downed trees on our street. These were taken before the power company came to get the lines and poles back up.


The upper picture shows the bark stripped from the tree like a banana peel. The lower picture, more or less in the center, shows the root ball of an oak that fell across the yard with the house behind it. That house is 2.5 stories above ground so you get an idea of the size of the root ball.

I had never heard of a derecho before though coming from Texas I was quite familiar with tornadoes. Now when my husband I walk we check out the trees around us. There is an ash tree across the street that seems to be half dead, probably from the same green ash borer that killed the ash in our yard. 



No comments:

Post a Comment