Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Odd Happenstance

As I have written before, I was brought up Roman Catholic but do not consider myself particularly religious. Nevertheless I have a small group of religious art on one of the walls on an interior staircase. These include Russian iconography and an antique crucifix in addition to a Marc Chagall lithograph of Adam and Eve. Last night, about 6 pm my husband I were sitting on a couch looking out the doorway toward that staircase. As I said, it's an interior stair and unless the lights are on it's pretty dark.

You can't see my art in the photo below but you can certainly see why I asked my husband to snap the photo. He didn't use a flash which would have shown the art but wiped out the image shown but it was quite startling occurring between two icons and the crucifix. This is all just natural light from a small area of uncovered window.

I don't mean to mock religion here but it was sort of like seeing the Virgin Mary in a tree knot or something. Fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment