Tuesday, April 14, 2020

And By The Way

I just watched the PBS News Hour that finished with a segment on how artists around the world are trying to lift people's spirits and encourage support for society through art. Well quilters are famous for that, but unfortunately most quilt projects take too long to complete to show more immediate support. But that doesn't mean that we can't make our work move faster.

Quilters could make small banners to hang on their windows, their doors, their mailboxes (as long as they don't impede mail delivery), that express support for others, for each other. Having seen the News Hour presentation I plan to make two small banners--one for my front facade and one for my side facade. For me the message will be "Hope". Choose your own and show the world that quilters join in expectation and in engagement.

No comments:

Post a Comment