Wednesday, January 30, 2019

New Project

My new project is actually 22 years old already. I started this quilt back in 1997 but I don't remember what my plan for the entire project was. I do remember it was to be a gift for my husband but that he had really irritated me and I decided not to finish though I didn't discard the previously completed blocks. As I described previously, I recently found the blocks again and decided to do something with them even though I had already planned a more ambitious feathered star quilt.

I made two more blocks and put all nine together in a 3 x 3 set but thought the top looked rather plain. I proposed a more elaborate edge design to my husband and a seam embellishment design that he preferred. So here it is, clearly incomplete at this point but on its way. It will take longer than it used to because my right arm is so damaged with tendinitis and tendinopathy but there isn't any rush.

  When my sister died she was already mourning the books she wouldn't be able to read. I mourn those already as well and I mourn the quilts I won't make and the quilts I won't see. But I celebrate the ones I have made including this incomplete work.

No comments:

Post a Comment