Sunday, January 6, 2019

Many Headed Hydra

So here is a picture of my latest project. Because of my right arm issues of tendinitis and tendinopathy I decided to try machine piecing and machine quilting. I have a Bernina not a quilting machine so the piecing part was all right but the quilting part practically made me crazy. This isn't a big quilt (51 x 51) but even maneuvering that through and around my Bernina was like wrestling that many headed hydra. Ultimately it got to be too much for me, causing nearly as much neck and trapezius pain as anything I do by hand.

I like the colors. I had fun choosing the fabrics to mimic stone or other mosaic material. But I  just stopped after I quilted all the pieced areas, leaving the outside light fabric blank. I am still calling it Taormina both for the stone mosaic theme and the sparkling colors like a seaside villa in Italy.

2 comments: