Thursday, December 15, 2016

Plans For The Future

I am not ancient but I am certainly not young any more. Not that I am complaining or whining but there is only so much time allotted to anyone. That does affect my quilting choices among other items. The quilting choices for the next project (close to finishing the current project at which time pictures will be posted) include an elaborate Sue Garman Baltimore Album project, an adaptation of a Bella Bella project, or my own version of a Suzanne Marshall quilt from long ago. If you aren't familiar with Sue Garman and you enjoy applique and "pretty" quilts you should Google her. I will probably end up making the Sue Garman first because it will take at least a year if not more to complete.

My other long term plan is already in motion. I ordered a bilingual copy of The Divine Comedy and it will arrive tomorrow. One column on each page is the original Italian, not the same in many respects as modern Italian, and the other column is English. I certainly don't plan to sit down and read it straight through but I want to get through it before I am unable to do that sort of challenge. I recently read an article about studying The Divine Comedy in college that included some verses from the ancient Italian and the translation (probably from the same text I purchased since mine is the well-known Longfellow version), and I had a lovely afternoon puzzling out the Italian and then reading the English. So in addition to working on a challenging quilt, I will be immersed in Dante.

No comments:

Post a Comment