Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Nice End to 2016

I finished the binding, sleeve, and label yesterday so my husband took some photos. I am very pleased with how it turned out. Despite a great deal of the year being difficult, my quilting this year went well.

 Above is the whole quilt. Most of the quilting is a simple diagonal grid, one inch on a side. In the inner corners of the pieced section, there is a modified scroll design. The appliqued elements are outline quilted. 
 Above is the lower left hand corner with the dandelions and pears and zucchini. Strictly speaking pears are more early fall fruit but their shapes and color fit with my plan. The zucchini fabric has a little gold sparkle to it.
 Tomatoes are a big part of our summers, growing and eating them seems to be most of our focus.
 The lower right corner has strawberries, lots of skinny stems and tiny petals. The butterfly doesn't look like any of the butterflies we get but that's okay. I always put bugs and birds in my applique.
 The pictures above and below show some of the sunflowers and Cherokee roses along with the bees. Yes, bees have four wings but these were how the original artist drew them.

Finally, here is a picture of me in Portico di Romagna standing next to the world's smallest volcano. We had such a good time in Italy and this was not the most memorable moment, but it is a fun memory. Very beautiful countryside.

No comments:

Post a Comment