Friday, December 2, 2016

At Husband's Request

My husband decided he wanted something else for Christmas dinner similar to the decision to change Thanksgiving. But the difference is that he still wanted roast beef for dinner which turned out to be this week. So tomorrow I am making the usual Christmas dinner (slow cooked roast beef, roast potatoes, baked mushrooms and baked onions, peas and carrots, and popovers) for dinner tomorrow. To top that off my husband invited our sons and at least one other guest to come. He's lucky he's a great husband otherwise I would smack him upside his head--at least figuratively. If you haven't tried slow cooked prime rib you should check it out. You stick the seasoned meat in a pan at a very low heat, whatever the lowest setting on your oven is (for most that's 200F) and cook it for a very long time. For a 5-6 pound roast that takes about six hours. Then you let it sit for 30 minutes, then broil the top to brown it, slice and eat. I make a beef gravy that takes two or three days so taking six plus hours to cook the roast is nothing, plus I have two ovens in my kitchen, one gas and one electric.

No comments:

Post a Comment