Sunday, December 18, 2016

Old Friends

I had a very mixed up day today because I had arranged to meet with two of my young friends for lunch and talk but I also had a stack of "Hamlet" essays that needed scoring. So I worked for a few hours this morning on the essays,  spent some time with my friends, then returned to the essays.

One  young lady has one more semester at Harvard, expects a dual degree in bio-medical engineering and film studies. The other is a junior at Harvey Mudd who will be taking a semester at the University of Edinburgh starting in only two weeks. Her major is chemical engineering.

As you might imagine, both young women were also serious and good students in high school. They both came to me for tutoring because writing was not a strong suit but they both ended up with 5's on the AP through study and practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment