Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Indiana Bullseye Quilt All Done, Daunting Challenge (With Pictures)

The Indiana Bullseye Quilt is complete. All of the bias edges that go in to making this pattern make it especially difficult and even laying out the pieces becomes a challenge as the quilt grows. It isn't like a block quilt where there are straight and predictable rows. Picking or drawing a quilting design is complicated by the circular nature since most quilting designs are for straight edges--squares and rectangles. Anyway, enough whining. It is done and I am glad. I have a lovely spring quilt for what looks like an early spring.

The modern versions I have seen are in more subdued colors but every single antique version I know of is in  brights like these. All the new dyes available at the end of the 19th century probably made a big difference.






Although I believe that the Indiana in the name of the quilt is the city and county in Pennsylvania not the state, I nevertheless put in peonies and cardinals, the state flower and state bird of the state of Indiana largely because two of my husband's college roommates were from that state.

No comments:

Post a Comment