Tuesday, March 10, 2015

AAArgh!

I outlined my problems with my BMW a few entries back and I have decided that I really should buy a new, different, car. I would really like to test drive a Tesla--they have an all-wheel drive model that should be good for our snowy hills. I mean I can't depend on no snow every year as it was this year. But this state has a law on the books that there needs to be a "dealer" for there to be new car sales, you can't buy from the manufacturer. They claim that this protects the consumer although I sure don't see how--dealerships have been lying to people for years so they are hardly models of good citizenship and financial probity. Anyway, a local legislator drew up an emergency change to allow Tesla to operate here--they already have remodeled a building fairly close to where I live and spent a bunch of money doing that. But yesterday the legislature voted down the bill. So it looks like they will be all dressed up, with cars in the showroom and everything, and no place to go. In theory I could go to Las Vegas or LA to buy the car but I would still need a dealer to provide service under warranty, etc. What a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment