Wednesday, September 20, 2023

 Other news for today is that I have started two new projects, which, because of the situation, is not only different from my usual routine but called for by circumstance. While I do like my dentist, just as I liked my dentist in Utah, mostly I like to make quilts so good excuses are needed. Added to that all other factors such as finally using more of the estate sale blocks and extras, trying out new ideas, and simply filling my time by making two quilts for my dentist's brand new twin granddaughters. That's pretty much all I know about the babies; I don't even know if they are identical or fraternal. The babies were born in the summer so they are still quite small and won't be using these quilts for a while if their parents are smart but no time like the present to get these done.

Since I am using orphan blocks from the estate sale, the colors are already more or less chosen and they are definitely not babyish. But what I do know about babies and small children and these girls in particular is that kids are messy--they pee and poop and throw up and throw food and everything else in between. Add to that these little girls' mother is a champion horse jumper and the girls will be hanging out at stables at least until they make their own choices and having darker colors and no white seems wise. I plan to up the cuteness factor by doing some applique on the outside borders like running horses and dogs and perhaps some other applique to add more colors than the blue, rust, and brown of the main blocks. 

No pictures yet but this should be a quick project even if it is doubled.

No comments:

Post a Comment