Friday, September 29, 2023

 The Apple Dumpling Gang is hard at work in Congress. Tomorrow will be a bigger debacle than other shutdowns and anyone who doesn't think they need the US government to work must already be in DC sitting in the Republican chairs. I have no sympathy whatsoever for the feckless and foolish whose egos are bigger than their brains.

The first flimsy for the new baby quilts is complete--a feathered star center and assorted animals on the border. The second flimsy is on its way but I only have the bottom border appliqued at this point. It has animals and insects as well. I think I mentioned before that I think of baby quilts as story starters and learning tools--Tell me a story about this bird. How many horses are on this side? What colors can you name?, etc. They don't have to be symmetrical and balanced; they only need to be interesting, not flammable, not too squishy, and big enough to cover but small enough to carry.

No comments:

Post a Comment