Thursday, December 8, 2022

 Nearing the finish of the quilting on the folk art quilt. In straight inches I have about two feet of the outside two borders left but that includes some feathered wreath and some small scale cross hatching so it isn't as if it's just a two foot line of stitching. I will have pictures very soon.

My next project will be a strong departure from my norm. I was leafing through an old copy of Antiques and Fine Art magazine (which doesn't really exist anymore) and saw a painting that I thought would be interesting worked as a quilt. I sent the artist a request to use her work as a starting point for a small wall quilt and she was quite enthusiastic. It turns out that her grandmother was a quilter and she always admired the craft. It also turned out that she lives and works only a few miles from my house so she wants to stay in touch through the project. That shouldn't be a problem.

I know the distance to the town where she lives because my husband and I walked home from there two days ago. We had gone downtown to try to get our train passes renewed but were not able to do so. But we decided to go to the closest local Japanese grocery store which is in the town where the artist resides. Since the rush hour was already over, the next train wasn't due for about an hour and I just didn't feel like hanging out. The weather was damp but not that cold so we got wet over the distance of three miles.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment