Monday, December 12, 2022

 Turns out that this quilt spans the seasons in more ways than one. I started it just before the autumn equinox and I finished today just before the winter solstice. That's fitting given the various design elements on the top. 


This is just as completed, neither rinsed nor washed but slightly damp from spraying with the water baking soda mix that is how to quickly get rid of the blue ink. This was both fun and frustrating but ultimately I like the finished product. I did like the design that Gerri Kimmel-Carr published but all those depressing dull colors would have bothered me.

The lesson is to make any project your own. A long time ago I read an article in a quilting magazine that advised people to look at their own closets to see what colors and patterns appeal to them. That wouldn't work well for me since so many of my clothes are either black or grey. So for me I have to look at my art or my curtains or even my socks which are all far more colorful than my normal mode of dressing.

 

1 comment:

  1. I love the border with the fox and bunnies on the move. I also think the second border in (with the black background fabric) gives the quilt depth. Another amazing project completed and with such incredible detail.
    Thanks for sharing the tips from the quilting magazine. I am going to take note when I take a look in my closet and my linen drawer.

    ReplyDelete