Saturday, December 31, 2022

 Happy New Year! 2023 is here. The best part of this year is that it is not an election year so we don't have to wade through the sludge for a while, although the George Santos saga doesn't seem to be letting up. I found it funny that the news reported that he probably wouldn't be assigned to the Financial Services committee since so many of his lies involved financial services. That never stopped the House from placing dimwits on the Intelligence committee.

I tried to get my act together to replicate the painting that I described previously but I didn't like how it was working out so I put that project on a back burner for a while. It isn't really a UFO since I didn't make any object yet, just doodled a picture on paper. What I am working on is another adaptation of some very old designs. Years ago I got some block patterns at Gentler Times in Salt Lake City, a store that doesn't exist any more. Anyway, I was thinking about what to do when I put three different quilt patterns together, sort of, and started working from those.

The late Sue Garman designed many quilts and the company she started to sell her designs is still online, but the patterns I am working with pre-date that company for the most part. I am combining "angel quilt" blocks with "postcards from the past" and "folk art wedding" blocks. So far it looks pretty good. Once I get a little further there will be photos.

1 comment: