Monday, April 12, 2021

 My husband and I got our second dose of the Pfizer vaccine on Saturday which is slowing down my progress and apparently slowing down my brain as well. Neither of us had any major side effects but even the minor ones are all encompassing. Yesterday, Sunday, we were just sort of dragging around, lethargic and slightly sore. Today that has passed but we both are experiencing brain fog and a little dizziness. I am happy to have gotten the jab, but I do hope I feel better tomorrow.

But the fog and the dizziness means that I am not sure I am operating on all cylinders so I am turning to the online community for ideas.


This is the current state of the current project. Obviously unsewn and unfinished (that's why it's a little lopsided), but that's my question.  Does anyone have any ideas for the corners? I was going to make small bouquets or nosegays tied with the black and white "ribbon" but now I am not sure. Would a pieced block work better or should I stick with the whole colorful flower idea? I will consider every suggestion offered.

3 comments:

  1. When I first looked at the pieces I had a quick idea but I don't believe it's possible or even that it would look that good. The left and right side pieces have a lovely arch and I thought they could be rotated to make the top of another heart, encasing the central block when new, straighter sides were made. But, even if the background fabric were a solid, I doubt the current shape of the strips would work.

    I really like the black and white ribbon effect...how about just ribbons on the corners or 2 nosegays and 2 ribbons?

    Congratulations on your vaccinations. From what I've been told by a couple of friends with side effects, when they end it's like a light switch going off. You feel under the weather and suddenly better, I hope that's how it works out for the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the suggestion, Joanne. I do think that a repetition of the ribbon should be part of the final corner. The checked "ribbon" was the starting point in my brain for this quilt. I will try to include that in the final choice. What do you think about the lime green border? Would that be better as a pieced border?

      Delete
    2. I certainly like the lime green color but I'm not sure about the straight border being so close to the floral arcs. A pieced second border just might be the answer but I'm not sure which blocks would complement the arcs.

      Delete