Friday, April 30, 2021

 There is a storm coming closer to my house right now. Looking out my large kitchen window that faces sort of northwest, I see the grey clouds and the swirling winds. Yesterday was about 80F as a high and today won't get to 70F but that is pretty typical for southeastern Pennsylvania. Having lived in Utah for almost 30 years, we watch the rainfall amount more than we would if we were natives here since it is such a big issue there affecting potable water and even summer temperatures and fire hazards.

I have been working on the first border for the new project and that is complete. Now there are questions to be asked and answered. I certainly invite any readers to offer suggestions but I cannot guarantee that they will be used in the final version. Anyway, here is the flimsy so far:

 

There are numerous possibilities including simply leaving it as is, layering, and quilting without further ado. But my husband and I both think it needs something to "complete" the presentation. I am thinking about either a pieced checkerboard border but using green and blue or a pieced triangle border in the same colors. While the green and blue aren't major notes they are consistent notes so I am going to make some mock-up borders to check those options out. 

Any other ideas?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment