Sunday, November 27, 2016

Small Saturday--On Sunday

My husband and I went to a local bookstore today. I have a tutorial on Saturday mornings and never know how long we will talk so we didn't go out yesterday for small Saturday. My husband didn't find anything for himself but he found a Maxine Kumin poetry collection for me. He knows that I find her work compelling and enchanting. I also got the new Jane Hamilton, the new Kristin Hannah, and a Michael Connelly Lincoln Lawyer book (you didn't think I only read Shakespeare, right?). This finished the gift certificate that I got several years ago.

I also made my first dish from my newest cookbook. Cookbooks were among the gifts I requested at our wedding and after 46 (going on 47) years of marriage I have many that feature food from all over the world. Tonight's dinner was from the new Del Posto cookbook. We have eaten at the restaurant a few times so we thought the new cookbook might fill in the gaps between visits to NYC. As a side note before I describe the meal and its preparation, although it might seem strange to eat so early, it is better if you arrive very early--the 4:30 slot is good--because then the restaurant is not completely filled with people. At that time your server will be more attentive and your experience will be more pleasant. I never find it fun or interesting to have to wait in line for access to the women's restroom.

Anyway, I made the red lamb sausage with orrechiete for dinner. Oh my goodness was that good. Definitely not health food with the lamb, 14 tablespoons of butter, and a bucket of grated Parmesan cheese, but the flavor combinations were spectacular. I don't know if the restaurant serves this as a primo piatti or what but we both had small servings and were more than satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment