Saturday, November 12, 2016

Progress on Project

I finished the applique on the new quilt, Summer Stars, and I spent part of yesterday and part of today layering it. I haven't started quilting yet because simultaneously I received two sets of essays on tone from one of my teachers. The curious problem is that I haven't been paid for the work I have done to this point, about sixty hours worth, with no clear end in sight. Though I have been doing the same work for nearly 25 years, the district changes its guidelines for pay every year. They don't inform me ahead of time and they don't inform the teachers either. I know they have limited funds, this state is the lowest per pupil expenditure in the entire nation, but there isn't very good communication--a common problem in large entities. I would be perfectly happy if I could get something from the district that allows me a tax deduction, but I cannot get that either. The final result will be that I won't score essays any more, the teachers won't be able or willing to score them, the students will lose out.
 
The new quilt is happy. I am happy because I have already found a home for it. That doesn't happen that often so it is a cause for celebration.

As an addendum to my previous comment--Trump clearly didn't expect to win. Now he doesn't know what to do. The turmoil in his campaign is now occurring in his transition. Just wait until he has to appear in court on his fraud charges. This is not a good event since he is clearly and demonstrably incapable of handling criticism.

Once again, I am very sorry that this has come to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment