Monday, April 18, 2016

What's In A Name?

My husband , the one who started this blog and takes all the photographs, asked me what I plan to call this quilt. I jokingly said that it was still Order Out of Chaos in my mind. Anyone have another idea?

It still needs to be trimmed from the back and marked more completely for quilting.  That will only take a short time so I should be basting my quilt sandwich tomorrow. I got a batt that is half alpaca and half cotton. I have never used this type before but it feels wonderful to touch.

Here is the previous photo of the top before any embroidery and before the edge was added. The differences are more clear in person but I hope you get the idea. I. like old-fashioned quilts and this one borrows from Rose Kretsinger and Ted Storm without copying either, not that my skills are comparable to either of those women. It is about 50 inches square and will be quilted by hand every half inch and around all the flowers with a more elaborate center that doesn't feature feathers. I think I might add a small piping before the binding as well.



3 comments:

  1. What about Spring for your quilt . That is the first thing I thought of when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about Spring for your quilt . That is the first thing I thought of when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since your response is the first, that's what it will be. From now on, this is Spring, including the label on the back. That's still a while away but I will post a picture of the label.

    ReplyDelete