Monday, April 25, 2016

Alpaca Batting Is Nice

Now that I have done a decent amount of quilting I can report that the alpaca/cotton batting is very easy to quilt by hand. It is quite thin and lightweight, almost like one of those specially thin battings and very easy to work with to keep stitches small and even. My original concern was that it might be too dark since it is clearly darker than my usual all wool or cotton battings. But there doesn't seem to be any unusually dark spots showing through the ecru fabric that is in the center of the quilt. I got it through eQuilter online and it was sold by the yard rather than in a pre-cut measurement. This is the second time I have recommended them but I promise I don't get any favors other than their superior customer service that everyone gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment