Monday, August 11, 2014

One Last Corner

I am going to finish the applique on the current quilt top today. Although I haven't finalized my thoughts about the quilting I thought I might add some trapunto accents in the outside border. That's one reason to learn new techniques or perfect (who is ever perfect?) others. Then you have more options when you work on your next project. The various accents and techniques that quilters in the past took for granted have to be relearned. I saw a quilt in a book once that had handmade silk braiding, cording, stuffed work, reverse applique, you name it. The quilter was supposed to be only 16 when she made the quilt. My mother's hobbies were cleaning and playing bridge so I had absolutely no example or instruction when I started.

No comments:

Post a Comment