Monday, March 10, 2014

Moving Along

salute
Today I finished one of the short side borders so this is what the quilt looks like right now, laid out on the floor but unsewn. I have the other short side about half done so I will be marking and layering this before a week is up unless something unexpected happens. My plan is to extend the laurel branches on the short sides in quilting rather than applique and to put the Napoleonic bees in the four corners in quilting as well. I am as yet undecided about the filler background but it will probably be simple cross hatch.

The weather here is doing its typical March hare jumping around. Yesterday it got up to 66 F and tomorrow it is supposed to snow. Our first daffodils opened up today. The tulips I planted are mid-season bloomers so the plants are up but the flowers are not. It's probably time to spray some more deer repellent. We haven't seen that many deer this winter but tulips are special favorites and I don't want to see them mowed down by marauding deer.

No comments:

Post a Comment