Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Basted and Ready For Quilting


I realize I have old fashioned tastes in quilting but this did achieve my immediate goal of working on a "pretty" quilt.  I don't think the quilting will take that long although this is just about twin sized. The small block motifs are gently curved and rather than following the exact shape I plan to move from point to point around the "magic circles" so there won't be so many starts and stops. Some fleur de lis in the corners and some furbelows to connect those along with the simple filler background.

I have heard many people bemoan their uncertainty about color choices but at least when the colors and fabrics are ones you choose, your own eye guides you. I have a friend who recently completed a quilt from the Lone Star Quilt Company. The William Morris fabrics chosen by the company, though quite lovely by themselves, lacked her own touch and ended up being too somber for her taste. So all those disparate fabrics I purchased in France--coral, orange, purple, brown, various greens--came together to suit my taste when mixed with fabrics from my stash. 

1 comment:

  1. I always think we should follow our own feelings and not the "professionals". They don't know us. This is a beautiful project..

    ReplyDelete