Thursday, November 21, 2013

Quilting Limbo

For one reason or another I am between quilts with nothing to work on. The designs I have been considering for the small gift quilt for the young student I have been working with haven't pleased me enough to get me to the cutting board yet. I ordered some fabric from an online merchant that is arriving tomorrow. Perhaps that will provide that final spark that gets the process moving. Since there is a time limit on that quilt, spring of 2014, I would like to make it before starting any other project although I have several in mind. I am not used to being idle. It reminds me of all the down times I have had after surgeries (neck, both elbows, left thumb twice) when I couldn't sew and those aren't the best memories. There are some very intriguing science based quilts, specifically biology based, but she is more of a math person. I am not a math person which might point to the reason I am having issues. The well known Clifford torus quilt just isn't that interesting to me. Oh well, I will settle on a design over the next few days.

Update: I have been working on a Judy Mathieson compass design on a black background. When I get the center done I will add pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment