Saturday, November 16, 2013

Done But Not Completed

Well it's about 4 pm where I live and I have just finished the small Christmas cats quilt. I finished the quilting yesterday and today I made and applied the binding. This picture shows the quilt as it is. There are still some basting threads, still some chalk marks, a little bearding, and it hasn't been blocked yet.

All appearances to the contrary, the quilt is true and square. That bottom corner is tucked in slightly giving the appearance of being both shorter and crooked. When it is blocked, that will disappear. So tomorrow I will make a label and do my quick wash and block. I never used to label my quilts but the more quilt books I purchased that showed family treasures with no provenance (Anonymous Thy Name IsWoman), the more labels I made. Plus foundation piecing can make a label more than just a piece of fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment