Monday, March 2, 2020

Devious Machinations

I am still having a good time making my newest quilt project. It's funny that most of the fabrics are so old but at my advanced age I am glad that I am using up old fabric. I mean who would take care of my stash when I die? It used to make sense to tell my sons that the Utah Quilt Guild would undoubtedly take a donation but now that I live in Pennsylvania that seems unlikely and somewhat unproductive to ship across the country. I have no doubt that there are quilt groups around here but I don't know who or where they are. But seeing all this old fabric in a new guise is delightful. I will have photos next time.

I did give the small quilt top to a friend who came visiting from Utah. She is not much of a quilter though she does have aspirations. From my point of view she just lacks the confidence to make the improvements she needs because she looks at the work she has done and despairs at ever getting better. Since she has run multiple marathons and trekked across the Himalayas she is certainly capable of focus. The little quilt doesn't demand a lot of skill so it offers her an opportunity to improve while also allowing for the small errors in developing a new skill to hide in plain sight.

So the scuttlebutt now is that Trump picked Mike Pence to head the coronavirus response team because he knew he would fail and look bad because he wants to put Nikki Haley in as VP. That makes a certain twisted sort of sense but I doubt Haley can ever emulate Pence's faithful dog look or sycophantic behavior. There is no doubt at all that Haley is smarter than Pence and Trump doesn't really like smart people or people who contradict him in any way. If she falls for his blandishments she begins her national exposure with an impediment.  

1 comment:

  1. I should think that anyone who associates with trump in any way will find it a life destroying move. Once he's out of office they will be spending time in court explaining what they saw him do and when, paying their own legal fees.
    My Christian charity ran out a long time ago in regards to trump and his enablers.I

    ReplyDelete