Tuesday, March 3, 2020

First Photo

This is the center of the new project. The star pattern is paper pieced with each block ending up 15 inches square. There will be appliqued borders about six inches wide and then a pieced border about two inches wide so the finished quilt will be about 46 inches square with the binding.

I enlarged the photo so that you can see the older fabrics I used, specifically the yellow and the green. On the borders I am enlarging the fabric selection with two more greens, sort of the same vintage, and a newer blue in tiny amounts. So far I have appliqued most of two side borders but I haven't really even decided just what the other two borders will have. Decent spaces for nice quilting, perhaps some trapunto. That is the red fabric that shouted at me in the fabric store, such a nice red.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty. I like how the red makes it pop. I’ll be looking for the finished top with borders-sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete