Monday, March 30, 2020

Cynical and Disturbing, But Prescient

I am sitting around doing the quilting on the feathered start project so I watch TV while I sew. I saw an old movie today (1957), one I had never heard of, that absolutely blew my mind. It's called A Face In The Crowd and it was Andy Griffith's movie debut. It was directed by Elia Kazan, who directed On The Waterfront. There were so many sections of the movie that reflect today's news and politics even though it is more than 60 years old, including Griffith's character saying that he could murder someone and get away with it because his public loved him so much.

Anyway, if you can find it on your selection of streaming movies or other service providers. I had to keep reminding myself that there hadn't even been televised presidential debates in 1957.

No comments:

Post a Comment