Monday, June 30, 2014

Gift Runner

Two of my tutees gave me another kit. This time it was a table runner, complete with four inch squares of fabric similar to the fabric choices the designer showed in the accompanying kit photo. In the past I occasionally made quilts for other people with their fabric and/or design choices. This was a similar experience. I would not have picked these colors--I think of them as "West Elm" colors. Anyway, while I was waiting for a fabric delivery from an online purchase, and before I got tired of waiting and started the restoration project (hence my nickname of Zappelphillip), I made this table runner from the kit.

It is called "Tiny Town Tablerunner," from Hatched and Patched, an Australian company. It is not my style at all, doesn't go with my house or decor at all. That's not the poor runner's fault but I have no use for this now that I have made it. I don't encourage my students to bring gifts precisely for this reason. Someone showed up at my door last week with one of those supermarket orchids. I gave it to my son. I will probably give this away as a wedding present.

No comments:

Post a Comment