Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Spring Tease Weather

A friend and I walked our dogs around the canyon today--beautiful glorious sunshine. It is supposed to start raining tomorrow and then snow again on Sunday through next week. We do need all the water we can get but I  know spring isn't far behind since I have crocus blooming already. When my tulips begin their big show I will post a photo. We put out the deer repellent this week since those guys seem to think tulips are the best snack ever.

I am nearly half finished with the second long side. I haven't decided what batting I will use yet but I have picked out the backing. I have written this before but the quilting is my favorite part, even now when neither my eyes nor my fingers seem able to make the small stitches they used to. There won't be much marking to do on this top either so getting to the quilting will be quick once I finish all the applique. Since my husband is going on a business trip next week I will have tons of time to simply sit and sew. He is at his cardiologist today for a post-procedure visit with the surgeon. I hope he wrote down all the questions he wanted answers to.

No comments:

Post a Comment