Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Good To Go

The PA and the doctor both gave my husband the thumbs-up for resuming his normal activities. That's great news  for both of us and great news for our dogs as well. It's not that my husband takes the dogs on longer walks--he takes them to the off-leash area and they get to smell and mark as much as they want. Tomorrow we will go to the gym for the first time in February.

I have been working on the applique border for the small quilt. As someone who works with students to improve their writing skills, I am beginning to see this project through language as well as through fabric. What started as a salute to Napoleon with French fabrics and images from Napoleon's tomb is becoming metaphorical as well as having other elements of language peeking through. Synecdoche and allusion are coming to the fore in my mind while I am sewing on laurel leaves in the shape of an emperor's diadem.

No comments:

Post a Comment