Tuesday, June 27, 2023

 This morning my husband and I finished the quilted jacket project. Yes, dear Reader, even though my son is over 40 I did indulge him. This was not my favorite job of the year but it is done.



Some of the patchwork is from that estate sale back in Utah and some is just from experimenting with ideas that never quite made it into a quilt for whatever reason, including that cute bunny. Then I cut up a few pairs of old jeans for collar, cuffs, and sleeve bottoms. I lined those with quilting cotton in a funny print (hogs on motorcycles) to make everything a little less stiff

1 comment:

  1. There are some amazing blocks on the jacket, so I hope your son will be pleased and wear it often.
    I have a couple of clothing patterns that call for quilt blocks but I've never been brave enough to tackle them. Except for tote bags, sometimes I'm braver when it comes to tote bags.

    ReplyDelete