Friday, May 12, 2023

 I have sort of completed the center section of the current project. The last photo was at the halfway point. The biggest reason I qualify my statement with that pesky "sort of" is that this section then needs an ogee type scroll around the floral center and then it will be appliqued to the triangle corner sections. That means the only part of the scroll line that has to be marked is the interior line. 

Anyway, here it is:


The diagonal orientation is the correct alignment. I am thinking of using the cornflower blue fabric for the scroll line. The outer corners are the same fabric, or they will be once I cut them, but that wasn't my original plan. Once I saw how the original small floral fabric looked I thought that the contrast was not very pleasing. It's hard to explain why but my reaction to the wrong fabric is usually pretty clear--some fabrics sing and some fabrics croak.

Trump is so dumb that he has made public defamatory statements again about E. Jean Carroll. I don't know what will happen because of that but I certainly hope his fine increases.


No comments:

Post a Comment