Sunday, April 23, 2023

 Seven years ago I made a quilt inspired by Kretsinger's Paradise Garden quilt from the 30s. Several other women made similar quilts around the same time, one upping each other. While I do like those quilts, they also have  elements that don't appeal to me so even my first redo wasn't a redo but a reimagine. I gave that quilt to a friend when I left Utah and it still hangs in her house. For that one I took the center section, changed the orientation slightly and put the new quarter sections in the corners. You can check out that quilt on this blog from 6/05/2016 or look for it under the name a reader suggested: Spring.

My new project keeps the floral medallion in the center but moves some of the flowers around and changes others to flowers I like better. I plan to make this more or less round group of flowers into a center diamond configuration and then make four corners to frame that. I am planning something between the center and the corners but I haven't quite worked out what that something will be. This is going to be a long term project but I will post pictures during the construction although I don't have any yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment