Thursday, November 3, 2022

 My older brother had a stroke a few years ago while on a trip to the Czech Republic. He was about the same age that Fetterman is right now, and like Fetterman he had some issues with language. The bigger and more obvious side effect initially is that for some reason he had very little control over his left arm. I don't mean that it was paralyzed but that it became over-active like a wind-up toy. My brother kept hitting himself in the head for a while after the incident.

So? Well the real point is that now my brother has very few and remarkably subtle signs of having a stroke and he is more than gainfully employed. Does that mean that Fetterman will be totally fine by January, 2023? No one can predict the future and each stroke victim is unique. But certainly Fetterman stands just as much chance as my brother at having a more or less complete recovery.

You know who cannot recover from his own wounds? Mehmet Oz is a charlatan. If you don't believe me you can pull up the testimony Oz gave to Congress about his widely panned diet pills and drugs and have a good laugh at how the doctor was skewered by those folks who know pandering lies when they hear them. Or you can listen to Oz's comments about how abortion access should work in Pennsylvania, extolling the virtues of letting local politicians into the exam room (metaphorically) to make that decision for any woman who has the audacity to expect reasonable medical care.

Doesn't that idea alone make you want to hit yourself in the head?

1 comment:

  1. I often have the urge to throw China dishes...but I'd have to do the clean up myself, so I don't.
    If I still lived in PA I'd vote for Fetterman.

    ReplyDelete